Social-emotional learning, according to the SCDE is the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships and make responsible decisions.
SEL involves cultivating caring, participatory, and equitable learning environments and using evidence-based practices that actively involve all students in their social, emotional, and academic growth. The goal is to prepare students for long-term success in life and to become responsible, caring members of our multicultural society.
- SEL Exercises for Home and School
- "Why Students Need Social Emotional Learning Now"
- The Power of Believing You Can Improve
- What is a Growth Mindset?
- Self-Care @ Home for Student's and Families
- Understanding Our Feelings
- How to Achieve Growth Mindset
- Responsibility at home