- Meadow Glen Elementary School
- Welcome to Meadow Glen Elementary School
Weekly Updates from Mrs. McNair
November 27, 2022
Good evening Explorers!
We are looking forward to seeing everyone back at school tomorrow. Let’s make this a great three weeks of learning before the winter break. I hope everyone enjoys the break and is ready to return to school, happy and healthy.
As we continue our work this year, I want to take a moment to point out our 2023-2024 academic calendar. Students will return to school on August 9. Please keep this date in mind as you make your summer travel plans.
Updated Academic Calendar 2023-2024
Teacher return - August 2
Student return - August 9
MGES Explorers are participating in several exciting events this weekend. December 3rd will be a busy day! Run Hard participants will race on December 3 at 8:30 at Saluda Shoals Park.
Also, on December 3rd, our Robotics teams will compete in their first in-person event at Dreher High School. The competition is from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm and I know our team will be incredible.
The Little Gators Archery team will help host a tournament this weekend at Meadow Glen Middle School. The Little Gators will compete on December 10 at Pelion High School.
We will see you back at school tomorrow. The tardy bell rings at 7:40 am so don’t be late!
November 28: Back to school, Tardy bell rings at 7:40 am
December 2 and 3: Archery Shootout at MGMS
December 3: Robotics Competition and Run Hard Race
December 7: SIC meeting at 5:00 pm in the library
December 10: Archery competition at Pelion High School
- To add money to your child’s account or to complete an online application for free/reduced meals, use the link https://family.titank12.com/ Please let me know if you are having difficulty with this process.
- See what’s happening in our Counseling Department at Counselors Corner! https://mgescounselorscorner.
- The 2022-2023 Meadow Glen Elementary School Yearbook is available by clicking here: https://jostensyearbooks.com/?
REF=A01117739. Yearbooks are $35 and icons will be $5 each!
- When your student is sick, it is okay for them to remain home. We want them to get well soon and we also want to do our best not to spread illness. Please let our school nurse know if your student is diagnosed with the Flu or RSV. This will help her monitor and support students and keep a count of our numbers.
- And, when your student is absent for any reason, please send those excuses to school within 3 days of absences. We want to avoid any truancy issues. As a reminder, 3 unexcused absences in a row or 5 total unexcused absences can lead to truancy. A printed or emailed note may be sent to Leigh Manley at email@example.com.
- All student reports of a positive COVID-19 test result will be completed through the COVID-19 report form found in PowerSchool Parent Portal. The previous Google form link is no longer accepting responses.
- After logging on to the Parent Portal, select ‘Forms’ in the navigation bar, then fill out and submit the “COVID-19 Reporting Form.” We will email you further information on when your student may return to school and school-sponsored events.
Thank you to everyone for working hard to make this year a successful year of growth. We appreciate working with each of you as we work together to empower each child to design the future!
Believe.Work.Grow…We are Crew!